The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) helps parents feel good about the child care and preschool programs they choose. More than 20 years ago, NAEYC created an accreditation system to improve the quality of education and care provided in programs for young children. NAEYC Accreditation has become the mark of quality, helping parents find the best possible early childhood experience.
- Promote positive relationships!
- Implement a curriculum!
- Use developmentally appropriate and effective teaching approaches!
- Provide ongoing assessments!
- Promote nutrition and health!
- Support a quality teaching staff!
- Establish family relationships!
- Establish community relationships!
- Provide a safe physical environment!
- Provide high-quality experiences for both children and staff!